Heartland Series: July 7-13, 2019
Day 1 (Sun, July 7): Bryan, Ohio
Day 2 (Mon, July 8): Niles, Michigan
Day 3 (Tue, July 9): Portage, Indiana
Day 4 (Wed, July 10): Fulton, Illinois
Day 5 (Thu, July 11): Clinton, Iowa
Day 6 (Fri, July 12): Sparta, Wisconsin
Day 7 (Sat, July 13): TBA, Minnesota
Series Dates: Sunday, July 7 – 13, 2019
Race Times: Ohio and Michigan will begin at 6:00 AM EDT. Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota will begin at 5:00 AM CDT.
Packet Pickup: Saturday, July 6, 4-6 PM, Moore Park Ice Rink, 515 Town Line Road, Bryan, OH (GPS: N 41.46856, W 84.57311). Free pasta dinner will be served during packet pickup, at the same location.
Race Day Packet Pickup/Registration: One hour before start time on race day, at the start line. (Early starters may pick up packets on race morning, beginning 30 minutes before early start time.)
Early Start: Yes, for marathon, half marathon, and 50K only. One hour before regular start, every day.
Time limit: None. We have a “no runner left behind” policy, and we happily stay until the final finisher crosses the line. Walkers are always welcome!
Pets/strollers: Pets are not allowed, for the safety and comfort of our runners/walkers; you’re welcome to bring a stroller if you have small children.
Group dinners, hotels, and airports: Check Heartland Series Facebook Group.
Discounts: $10 discount on marathon/half marathon to active military, as well as members of any club that will list these events on their calendar. (Active.com requires a code to receive discount, which you can find on the club’s site or by contacting us.) We also offer a discount for local participants; contact us for details.
Food/aid stations: Due to our unique multi-loop course setup, we have one giant “aid station,” with more food and drink than you could ever need! Ask anyone who’s run at least one of our races; we’ve got everything from fruit to jelly beans to sandwiches, water to Gatorade to hot coffee, and everything in between. Way more than just granola bars and bananas–we even have our very own mobile kitchen, Loony Lunchbox!
Registration information is below. You may do any number of races; special medals are awarded to those who complete all seven!
- Day 1: Ohio
- Moore Park Ice Rink
- 515 Town Line Road
- Bryan, OH
- GPS: N 41.46856, W 84.57311
- Course: Paved, concrete, and very flat
- Tentative Laps: 16 for Marathon
- Day 2: Michigan
- Riverfront Park
- Niles, MI (Start will be in the boat ramp area)
- GPS: N 41.82550, W 86.25638
- Course: Paved with a few small hills
- Tentative Laps: 14 for Marathon
- Day 3: Indiana
- Imagination Glen
- 2275 McCool Road
- Portage, IN
- GPS: N 41.58619 W 87.14382
- Course: Flat blacktop
- Tentative Laps: TBD
- Day 4: Illinois
- 1042 1st Street
- Fulton, IL
- GPS: N 41.86679, W 90.16840
- Course: Paved with some slight hills
- Tentative Laps: 16 for Marathon
- Day 5: Iowa
- Discovery Trail
- 25th Avenue N and Grant Street
- Clinton, IA (North of Sawmill Museum)
- GPS: N 41.87062, W 90.17476
- Course: Paved, very flat
- Tentative Laps: 12 for Marathon
- Day 6: Wisconsin
- Evans-Bosshard Park
- Sparta, WI
- GPS: N 43.94230, W 90.80420
- Course: Mostly paved with a few small patches of gravel, four bridges (two covered)
- Tentative Laps: 26 for Marathon
- Day 7: Minnesota
- TBA, Minnesota
- GPS: TBA
- Course: TBA
- Tentative Laps: TBA
Travel distances/times between race locations:
- Day 1 (OH) => Day 2 (MI): 108 miles, 1:52
- Day 2 (MI) => Day 3 (IN): 61 miles, 1:05
- Day 3 (IN) => Day 4 (IL): 178 miles, 2:50
- Day 4 (IL) => Day 5 (IA): 3 miles, 0:08
- Day 5 (IA) => Day 6 (WI): 178 miles, 3:29
- Day 6 (WI) => Day 7 (MN): TBA
- Day 7 (TBA, MN) => MN Brothers Trail Series (St. Cloud, MN): TBA
What about the bling?
We all know that’s the best part! Every participant (full or half marathon) will receive one t-shirt and other fun goodies.
All finishers will receive a separate medal for each day; in addition, we give a special medal to those who complete all races in a series.
We even give a special award to each person participating in his or her first full or half marathon!
The best part: The famous caboose, given to the final finisher of each marathon and half marathon!
Do you want to turn it up to 11?! The original Running Ragged combined series is returning to award those brave enough with an epic belt buckle!
Click HERE for details about the Minnesota Brothers Trail Series: June 14-17, 2019 (Sunday-Wednesday).
If you complete all races (half or longer) in the Prairie Series and Minnesota Brother Trail Series, you’ll get a custom “Running Ragged: 11 in 11” belt buckle!